in ,

Chinese Firm Set To Build Africa’s Tallest Skyscraper in Morocco

China and Morocco are looking to build upon the ever-increasing African skyline, setting up a joint venture to build the tallest high-rise tower on the continent.

Set to be built in the Moroccan capital, Rabat, the building will be 250 metres tall and styled with ecological and sustainable design concepts – including offices, hotels and luxury apartments.

The project will also house several innovative facilities, including the Grand Theatre of Rabat, an Arts and Culture house, the National Archives of the Kingdom of Morocco, an Archaeological Museum, a multiplex cinema, a sculpture gallery, a marina, an art hotel, a marina hotel, a mall and a business centre.

China Railway Construction Corp (CRCC) and Morocco’s leading construction company Travaux Generaux de Construction de Casablanca (TGCC) won the bid over several rivals to gain the privilege to build the 45-storey building.

Loading...

According to Moroccan media, the construction will cost around $375 million.

The development acts as a beacon of the continent’s structural progress, and of Africa’s close relationship with China.

State-owned CRCC will take responsibility for 60% of the project, whilst TGCC will handle the other 40%.

Currently, the tallest building in Africa is the Carlton Centre in Johannesburg, South Africa at 223 metres high. The development will also be over twice the height of the current tallest building in Morocco, The Casablanca Twin Centre (115 metres).

The announcement was finalised at the Belt and Road Forum in Beijing. Along with building roads and trains, China has encouraged other countries who have signed onto the initiative to look to build up their skylines as well.

Chinese companies are also set to build skyscrapers in Kenya and Ethiopia.

Loading...

Written by PH

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CAPTCHA


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Gabon’s Aubameyang Becomes 2nd African Player Ever To Win Bundesliga Golden Boot

Meet the Man Who Looks So Much Like Barack Obama (Photos)