Technological innovations for providing energy to off-grid communities have started to change the energy access landscape across the world, especially in West Africa. Access to affordable new forms of energy opens doors to a whole range of new social enterprises, where the business delivers a positive social impact for the end user.
This competition seeks to find and support early stage off-grid energy entrepreneurs who are running businesses that generate or can be powered by off-grid energy.
- Winners will receive free business, legal and financial services and the chance to pitch for up to
$5000 prize capital.
- Businesses that generate and supply energy to off-grid communities
- Low-energy appliances, capable of running with little or no electricity
- Mobile-phone-based businesses
- Innovative methods of food processing or storage, enabled by off-grid energy
- Education and healthcare businesses made possible by off-grid energy
DEADLINE: November 2016
To apply and for more information visit here