The John S. Knight Journalism Fellowships program at Stanford University aims to foster new ideas in journalism through innovation, entrepreneurship and leadership. Each year it brings up to 20 journalists and journalism innovators from the United State and the world to spend the year at Stanford.
We support passionate journalists, innovators, and entrepreneurs as they create the new models, tools and approaches that are redefining journalism. Through the years, one core mission of the JSK Fellowships remains the same: To improve the quality of news and information reaching the public.
- To help fellows get the most out of their year, we provide several financial benefits, including a stipend of $65,000
- JSK provide fellow with additional funds designed to help with specific costs, such as housing, health insurance, child care and expenses related to work on their journalism challenges.
- The amount of these supplemental funds a fellow receives are based in part on family size and range from $13,000 to more than $50,000
- U.S applicant for a JSK Fellowship ideally have at least seven years of full-time professional experience
- International applicants ideally have at least five years
- No college degree is required.
DEADLINE: December 1 2016
To apply and for more information visit here