Through the Women Techmakers Scholars Program – formerly the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program – Google is furthering Dr. Anita Borg’s vision of creating gender equality in the field of computer science by encouraging women to excel in computing and technology and become active leaders and role models in the field.
- Women Techmakers Scholars will each receive a 7000 EUR award (or local equivalent) for 2017-2018 academic year.
- A group of female undergraduate and graduate students will be chosen from applicant pool, and scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s academic background and demonstrated leadership.
- All scholarship recipients will be invited to attend the annual Women Techmakers scholars’ retreat in summer 2017 to connect with fellow scholars, network with Googlers and participate in a number of workshop
- Professional development and community outreach opportunities will continue to be offered after the retreat.
- As a woman Techmakers scholar, you will join a long-term community of scholars program participants designed to provide a forum to share resources, support other woman in tech, and collaborate on project to make continued impact
- Identify as female
- Currently be enrolled at an accredited university for the 2016-2017 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors, Masters or PhD program at a university in the United States or Canada for the 2017-2018 academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in computer science
DEADLINE: December 1 2016
To apply and for more information visit here