The British heavyweight champion has agreed to give up his belts after he was ordered to face Kubrat Pulev or Oleksandr Usyk to retain his IBO and IBF titles.
But the 30-year-old admits that may not be possible if he also wants an epic showdown with Fury or Wilder.
— Mirror Fighting (@MirrorFighting) January 4, 2020
“I always said the belts do not represent me. I will stand as a champion, even if I have to give one up,” Joshua told Sky Sports.
“It would give me an opportunity to face another world champion – I’ve beaten four world champions on my record now.
“If I give up a belt it creates more history and entertainment. If I have to, I’ll give it away – but I’ll get it back again.”
AJ will fight Pulev or Usyk around April or May, with his next opponent coming towards the end of 2020.
On the other hand, Fury and Wilder meet in their rematch on 22 February, and it is likely Joshua would face the winner in the United Kingdom.
However, Joshua he has not fought three times in one year since 2016 and that would mean there would be little or no time for him to fulfill his other mandatory challenge.
And instead of postponing a meeting with Fury or Wilder until 2021, Joshua will have to vacate one of his belts.
Meanwhile, we had earlier reported that Anthony Joshua was spotted having fun in the beach of Barbados with a lady unknown to many.
The British heavyweight had a hectic 2019, losing his four belts to Andy Ruiz Jr, in June and reclaiming the titles six months later.