One Acre Fund – Applications are welcome from ambitious university student or recent graduate with interest in social enterprise, agriculture, microfinance or development to assist the teams to change the lives of smallholder farmers across East Africa
Recognized as one of the top 20 NGOs in the world One Acre Fund has been serving farmers in Africa since 2006. Founded in Kenya.
One Acre Fund is looking to place a cohort of paid interns in several departments beginning June 2017. For twelve weeks (from June 2 to August 30), interns will work on impactful projects, receive mentorship from organizational leaders and provide support to One Acre Fund’s operations. Interns will be given substantial work assignments and asked to produce high quality deliverable.
Internship Programme Qualifications
- One Acre Fund are looking for truly extraordinary candidates for several competitive internship positions. No prior experience is required and candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Exceptional recent college graduates or students with at least two years of university coursework completed (i.e. third year students).
- Strong work experiences. Examples include summer jobs, internships, fellowships or research positions while at school.
- Leadership experience at work, school clubs, volunteer organizations etc.
- Top-performing undergraduate background (include GPA/Marks on your application).
- Strong interest in One Acre Fund’s work serving smallholder farmers.
- Strong desire for personal and professional growth
- Flexibility and a willingness to take on varied tasks
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
- Fluent in English and relevant local languages
Eligibility for Internships
You are eligible for an internship with One Acre Fund if you
- have work authorization in one of the countries where One Acre Fund has operations – see below for a complete list.
- are a current student at any accredited university that has completed at least two years of coursework OR a graduate from any accredited university
- are available for a full-time internship from June 2 to August 30, 2017
- speak and read English fluently
- This is a paid internship.
- Interns will be provided with a reasonable stipend for the duration of their contract. Rural area based interns will be provided assistance in locating suitable housing.
- Top performing interns may be offered a full-time position.
Opportunities may be available in the following departments:
- Business Development & Communications – tells the story of One Acre Fund’s smallholder clients to donors, supporters and the world.
- Finance, Audit – supports our operation with financial advice, reporting. Reduce waste and inefficiency by improving processes
- Field Operations – serves farmers directly with training, input delivery and loan servicing
- Government Relations and Policy – builds and maintain relationships with government and other stakeholders. Help shape rural development policy.
- Procurement, Supply Chain and Logistics – sources and delivers the quality inputs and supplies our farmers need each season
- Product Innovations, Monitoring and Evaluations, Ag Research – conducts research that measures the impact of our core program and finds the next innovative solution for our farmers
- People Operations – supports the rapidly growing One Acre Fund family of leaders, finds the next generation of talent.
- Tech – build the software and tools that help us serve more farmers
Interns will be valued members of the One Acre Fund family.
Timeline for Internships at One Acre Fund
- Application Deadline: April 15, 2017
- All Candidates Contacted: April 17, 2017
- Candidates Complete Online Tests: April 17 – May 1, 2017
- First Round Interviews for Finalists: May 1 – May 15, 2017
- Final Round Interviews: May 15 – June 1, 2017
- Internships with One Acre Fund: June 2, 2017 to August 30, 2017
Components of the Application Form
- Work Authorization – Internships are only available for those with work authorization in one of our countries of operation.
- Personal Information -Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Email Address, Phone Number
- Source/Referral Information
- Educational Background (Degrees and Marks/GPA)
- Language Skills
- Job Skills and Prior Work Experience or Internships
- Placement Preferences
- Essays and CV Upload
You must answer each question marked with a * and you are encouraged to answer all questions thoroughly. Submitting a separate CV, cover letter and transcripts is optional.
You must write two original essays as part of your application – plagiarizing (copying your essay from another source) will result in you being banned from the internship and all future job opportunities at One Acre Fund.
Application Deadline: April 15, 2017
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the One Acre Fund Internship Programme 2017