Ouest-France reported that the 22-year-old was questioned by local police following a second indecent exposure complaint lodged against the Algerian attacker.
The fresh incident comes two months after he was arrested for this same offense, and was already preparing to face a court hearing later this summer.
El Melali’s lawyer, Sandra Chirac Kollarik, told Ouest-France: ‘Farid El Melali was heard this Wednesday morning by the Angers police services, about acts committed during the recent period of confinement, which he acknowledged, and about which he had already been interviewed before being summoned to court.
‘Once again Farid El Melali answered the questions asked and all the necessary checks could therefore be made, so that his hearing was quickly closed.
‘He renews his sincerest apologies to the women he may have upset with inappropriate attitudes.’
In response to the latest incident, Angers President Fabrice Favetto-Bon said: ‘We believe that we have already made statements on this matter. We heard the player’s apology.
‘Obviously, this type of behaviour, pending the decision of the courts, does not conform with the values of the club and our requirement of players to be examples. The process is ongoing.’
Farid El Melali is expected to make a plea – either guilty or not guilty – when facing a prosecutor on the two complaints of alleged indecent exposure.
In line with article 222-32 of law in France, the footballer risks receiving a one-year prison sentence and a €15,000 (£13,480) fine.