in ,

After Terrifying Ordeal, Mesut Ozil Hires Two Burly Bodyguards

Two burly men stand guard outside Arsenal star Mesut Ozil’s house – two days after he was attacked by a knife-wielding moped gang.

Witnesses have said Ozil, 30, was left terrified by the shocking ordeal, which saw the muggers try to steal his £100,000 car and take a watch.

A source said: “Minders have been brought in so that Mesut and his model wife Amine can feel safe at home.

“They’ve both been left really shook up by what happened.”

Footage, taken at 5pm on Thursday, showed Ozil’s team mate Sead Kolasinac, 26, leaping from Ozil’s Mercedes SUV and fighting off the attackers in north London.

They managed to flee into the car before being chased by their attackers for a mile towards the Likya restaurant, where chefs and waiters came out to help.

Restaurant owner Yasmin Tahsimer, who is a close friend of the Gunners stars, told how Sead was a “hero” after he fought the attackers and then phoned for help while trying to escape.

Guards watch over Ozil’s house after terrifying attack (Image: ISO)

Posting a photo of himself and Ozil on Twitter after the incident, Kolasinac said: “Think we’re fine.”

Loading...

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “It was reported that suspects on motorbikes had attempted to rob a man who was driving a car.

“The driver, along with his passenger, managed to get away unharmed and travelled to a restaurant in Golders Green, where they were spoken to by officers.”

Fellow soccer ace Andy Carroll was mugged for his £22,000 watch near his then club West Ham ’s training ground in a 2016 car jacking.

Both Ozil and Kolasinac had only recently returned from Arsenal’s pre-season tour in the United States when the attack took place.

Kolasinac had also tweeted the same photo as Ozil earlier on Friday along with the caption “Think we’re fine” along with a smiley face and a fist emoji.

Kolasinac has received praise from far and wide for his bravery in fighting the attackers off, although the PFA have warned off fellow Premier League players from reacting in the same way if a similar thing happens to them.

Deputy chief executive Bobby Barnes said: “No possessions are worth risking your life for. These things can be replaced. Better to put your safety first.”

Loading...

Written by How Africa

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CAPTCHA


Zimbabwe Billioinare Challenges Silicon Valley Giants In Africa With App, Sasai

Heatwave: Sony Unveils Wearable Air Conditioner Via Crowdfunding