Recent studies show that over 50% of men and 50% of women cheat at some point in their relationship. With such alarming numbers, one may wonder if his/her mate is cheating. If you have a “gut” feeling that something is going on, chances are high that you could be correct. Here are the top ten signs to look for that might mean your partner is cheating:
1. S/He takes the cell phone everywhere. Taking the phone everywhere, including the bathroom, is a red flag. Doing so can help the cheating partner hide text messages or make secret calls. If your partner is attached at the hip to the cell phone there might be cause for alarm.
2. S/He always has a reason you cannot hang out or visit their living space. Not being able to visit, announced or otherwise, could mean there is something to hide. In the early stages of a relationship, this boundary is expected. But as time progresses and the boundary remains high, cheating might be the reason.
3. S/He no longer initiates or seems interested in sex. A sudden decrease in interest in being intimate could mean that someone else is satisfying your partner.
4. S/He falls off the map suddenly and frequently. You’re texting or messaging and all of a sudden your partner falls off the map. When asked, s/he does not give a clear or reasonable explanation.
5. Working late… a lot! Suddenly, when you ask to make plans the excuse is always “I have to work late.” Perhaps the excuse is legitimate on occasion, but when this excuse becomes habitual it could be a red flag for cheating activities.
6. Always ready to run an errand. When a partner always volunteers to run an errand or looks for insignificant reasons to get out of the house, cheating could be the culprit.
7. S/He gets upset if you touch his/her phone. You pick up his phone to check the time or date and your partner overreacts. This response could be an indication that there is something in the phone to hide.