Tourists like to take pictures with them because they are very adorable and lazy to escape. I suppose some of you, dear readers, would love to spend your life just like a koala – hugging a tree, sleeping and eating all day long while others are quite ok with that. We collected 20 interesting facts about this animal and here they are…
1. A Koala Bear sleeps 22 hours of every day.
They spend only four minutes for travelling.
2. The Koala bear is not really a bear, but is really related to the kangaroo and the wombat.
The closest relative of the koala is wombat that is not a traveller either. Just look closely at the pouch that opens to the rear in both koala and wombat.
3. Male koalas have two penises.
While male animals have bifurcated penises, female ones have lateral vaginas.
4. Koalas hug trees to cool off on hot days.
Branches or canopies of trees have a higher temperature than trunks.
5. Humans are koala’s worst enemies.
In the period from 1908 to 1927 more than two million koalas were killed.
6. When kept in captivity, female koalas will often engage in lesbian behaviour.
When in captivity they participate in homosexual acts three times as often as they do in heterosexual activities. Up to five females may take part in an orgy.
7. A newborn koala is the size of a jellybean.
One month old cub is only 1 cm long!