Sometimes you’ve got to balance your faith with fashion, work, and a zillion other things.
And if you’re trying to make friends with Hijabi, here’re 10 stupid questions you should never ask.
10. “Do you sleep in it?”
Yep. I have no need for a pillow because my hijab cushions my head in my sleep.
9. “Do you shower in it?”
Yes. In fact, we don’t even wash our hair. We only wash our hijabs.
8. “Do you wear it all the time?”
Yes. Even when I’m by myself, in my own house, I wear it. You know, for fun.
7. “Don’t you get hot in the summer?”
6. “It must keep you so warm during the winter!”
Yeah, that’s what it’s for: keeping warm.
5. “It must be so useful in the rain! You must never get wet!”
Yes! Because hijabs are entirely waterproof!
4. “Can you hear with your hijab on?”
SORRY? WHAT DID YOU SAY?
3. “Why do some Muslims wear it and other Muslims don’t?”
Because we’re individuals who practice our religion differently.
2.“So are you a Muslim?”
What do you think?
1. “If I see your hair, does that mean we have to get married?”
Yes, let’s go right now. Las Vegas it is.