As soon as the fireworks and hangovers have faded, millions of people set their New Year’s resolutions. However, lists of check-boxes can be a bit overwhelming, so instead of setting vague resolutions, try writing down very specific goals – with a plan to achieve them.
Here are 23 little things you can do to change your life this year:
- Start a gratitude journal and write down one thing you’re thankful for every day.
- Carry yourself confidently by standing with good posture and walking tall.
- Declutter your home, declutter your life.
- Find your passion.
- Be sure to start each day by eating the frog– i.e. doing the things you don’t want to do first.
- End the day by writing a detailed schedule for the next day, so that you’re always prepared.
- Figure out what your priorities are and spend more time on them.
- Write down your goals, and be specific about what you want to achieve this year.
- Connect with someone who encourages you.
- Move your body. Exercise helps us feel our best.
- Try new healthy foods. You never know when you may discover a new favourite dish.
- Give yourself a compliment. You are unique, so treat yourself that way.
- Learn to say no to people, places and situations.
- Spend time with nature.
- Read something uplifting every day.
- Travel and explore somewhere new.
- Spend ten minutes being quiet every day.
- Spend one day completely unplugged from your phone and laptop.
- Establish a relaxing bedtime routine and stick to it.
- Envision your ideal work day, write it down, and commit to finding a career that fits into it.
- Meet new people. Have a conversation with someone very different from you.
- Take one step out of your comfort zone every day and grow.
- Do a random act of kindness every week.