Though I’m not an expert when it comes to relationships. I’m only putting this up so as to open the eyes of our young ladies to reality The truth of the matter is that virtually every lady wishes to marry before her mid twenties but behavioural patterns and attitude problems have deprived many of their wishes and desires. However, we are in a country where people always fail to admit that they are responsible for their misdeed and misplaced priorities; rather, they see it as devil’s attack, thereby, running from pastors to alfas, from herbalists to Guru Maraji, for marital breakthrough Without wasting time, below are the myopic statements that land many of our ladies into late marriages
1. I can’t Woo a Guy Personally speaking and generally summarizing, ladies who utter this statements are somewhat childish and are bereft of what relationship entails. They are full of over-bloated ego and pompous not knowing that a lady is expected to always smile; be friendly and polite to guys that approach her and also respect their courage to have made an approach. Being friendly does not mean that you are a flirt and cheap to get. Though, we all know that it sounds absurd for a lady to walk up to a random guy on the street and start wooing him. But it is not a crime for a lady to tell a dude that she likes his clothings and the smell of his perfume. This is the first element of starting a convo. I know that some will even say that “God forbid I do that”. Don’t let pride and over-bloated ego land you in OLX
2. I can’t Marry a Man with Small Joystick The Bible says that everything God has made is marvelously and wonderfully made , so why condemn God’s creature?. Even here on nairaland, you will discriminating against guys whose joysticks are very small. Whether it is 1.5 or 2.5 inches, it doesn’t matter at all. The search of big joystick normally land our ladies in late marriage.
3. I can’t Date a Jobless Guy In Nigeria, ladies are naturally favoured and most times find it easier to secure jobs, unlike their male counterparts who face a lot in the labour market. Being jobless is not a stigma and does not make a man worthless or useless, so why should a lady make an outright discrimination against dudes who passed through the four walls of tertiary institutions and can’t find jobs afterwards?. Ladies who utter this myopic/discriminatory statement against jobless dudes, lack rational thinking, which normally land many of them in late marriage
4. I can’t Manage with any Man Barely would you find a lady that’s ready to stick to a man through thick and thin. Though life is all about standard and our standard is based on our discretion. Some will say “I can’t mary a guy staying in a self contain apartment”; “I can’t marry a guy who earns less than 200,000” per month; “he has just one car,,its even a Camry sef..if it were to be Range Rover, I would have managed it “Personally, my interest in a lady dwindles the moment she says she can’t manage with a man but an already made man. Evidence has it that ladies who often utter this statement, at the end of the day, settle down for less
5. My Husband must be Tall, Handsome, Chubby, etc For God’s sake, stopping being misled by Nollywood movies. Stop searching for a tall, handsome and men with six packs. This will not put food on the table. Of course, those qualities are okay but these unrealistic pictures of dark, tall, chubby and handsome dudes may keep you waiting unnecessarily; these men may not even come and ask for your hand in marriage and before you know it, you are already 37 years old.. So be wise; if you find a kind hearted man that truly loves you and that gives you peace and happiness, don’t hesitate to marry him. It doesn’t matter if your husband is short.
6. I can’t wash my Husband’s clothes I was astonished when I heard a lady saying she’s not a maid and definitely can’t wash her husband’s clothes. On a very serious note, no guy in his right sense of reasoning will walk down the aisle with a lady of this absurd mentality. She’s certainly not ready for marriage
7. I don’t take Nonsense Some ladies have bad character and are known as miss no-nonsense in their ocality; they cannot relate well with men; they disrespect their toasters anyhow, they shout at their boyfriends, mothers and hostel mates anyhow; they are quick to embarrass people whether they are right or wrong. They are not married yet they will be saying how they will thrash out their mother-in-laws who tries any poo with them. Such ladies can only have boyfriends but it will be quite difficult for them to have husbands. If you display the aforementioned acts, men will only date you because of sex, but will not marry you. Men will only date you because you are beautiful and sexy and they will only use you to calm their konji. But when it is time for him to get married, they will dump you and choose another girl that has a good character and well-cultured
8. I won’t Respect my Husband if I’m Richer than Him Another myopic and irrational statement made by many ladies. If we should go by this statement, does it mean that a man should try to as much as possible to deprive his wife from attaining greatness in life just because he doesn’t want her to be richer than he is ? Ladies who utter this statement are delusional in thinking, hence, putting them in a position where they find it hard to find a man that would settle down with them. These categories of ladies will never bow for their husbands whether they are richer or their husbands are richer
9. I can’t marry a man who doesn’t work in Shell or Chevron Yesterday, I felt so embarrassed when I was having a gist with a lady and she said she can’t marry a man who doesn’t earn up to 500k per month and I was like, you will end up living the rest of your life in your parents’ house.
10. My Wedding must be an Elaborate one Perhaps you have attended wedding ceremonies of friends who lavished money like there’s no tomorrow. Mind you, life is not a bed of roses. An elaborate wedding will not guarantee a fulfilling life after marriage. Our parents didn’t spend extravagantly on their wedding yet they are living to reap the fruit of their endurance. This reminds me of a lady who nearly stabbed my uncle to death just because he said he wanted a low key and less extravagant wedding.