Thomson Reuters in partnership with Venture Capital For Africa (VC4A) are launching an initiative to provide a platform for startups to partner with us as you grow your startup into a lucrative business.
The Africa Startups Challenge seeks to find the best new companies coming out of Africa. As a large continent made up of many emerging markets Africa is home to some exciting startups who are able to leverage new technology and new business models to leap-frog the current players. We want to know which startups are important and why.
Thomson Reuters aims to empower Africa’s success by providing government, financial, academic and business solutions that have helped move from aid-based economies to self-sustaining, knowledge-based economies for almost 150 years.
What is in it for you?
– The Challenge will provide you with the opportunity at a potential partnership with a global financial services and professional information company.
– Increase visibility for your startup by being showcased on our global investment platform called Eikon.
– Opportunity to attend the Thomson Reuters Africa Summit 2016.
– Cash prize for the winning startup.
If your startup is in FinTech or related industries, then this is the challenge for you!
Thomson Reuters position as a trusted provider in financial markets makes it attractive for FinTech startups to work with us as a partner. Our answer to the changing environment is an open platform approach – leveraging our depth and breadth, and enabling collaborative partnerships focused on innovation.
This Challenge seeks the most promising startups in Africa. Key areas of focus are the following 10 categories:
- Agri-tech (including land administration)
- Big data analytics
- Digital government
- Internet of Things
- Mobile technology
- Supply chain