African Leaders hardly bring their partners or family to public places. The monogamous nature of some inhibits them from showing their partners in public.
But not so for US President Barack Obama and Michelle who appear very comfortable holding and kissing in public at various national events.
Obama is a leader known to display emotions in public.
Once he said that he may not be able to contain himself from holding his dear wife.
1. The President raised a cheer when he kissed his wife Michelle while the couple was being filmed on the Kiss Cam during an interval in the match-up between the American Olympic team and Brazil’s players.
2. Caught on camera: The crowd at the Verizon Center cheered when the US First Couple were on the Kiss Cam
3. Here’s the night where Obama formally announced his campaign for U.S. President in the 2008 election on February 10, 2007.
4. Campaigning at the Iowa State Fair in 2007, Barack gives his wife a playful kiss.
5. They’re sharing a moment onstage at a campaign rally in Detroit, September 2008.
6. Here they are at the inaugural luncheon, after he was sworn in as the 44th President of the United States.
7. Secret Service agents avert their eyes as the Obamas share a private moment on Inauguration Day 2009.
8. In the White House’s Red Room with adviser Valerie Jarrett in March 2009.
9. Michelle wipes lipstick from Barack’s face after kissing him during the National Prayer Breakfast in 2010.
10. The couple shares a private dance before a May 2012 concert at the White House.
11. At Valerie Jarrett’s daughter’s Chicago wedding in June 2012.
12. The Obamas made history with this August 2012 hug — this became the most tweeted photo of all time after Obama sent it out to his followers on election night.
13. The president sings “Happy Birthday” to Michelle in the Blue Room of the White House. Michelle’s new hairstyle attracted a lot of attention from this photo.
14. Barack kisses Michelle as he takes the stage to speak about college education with representatives of colleges, universities, and philanthropic groups. His speech was focused on getting more low-income students to attend college.
15. Michelle and Barack share a kiss during the White House Talent Show at the White House in May 2014.
16. Undeterred by the creepy Easter bunny in the corner of the balcony, the couple kisses during the 136th annual Easter Egg Roll on the South Lawn of the White House.
17. Michelle snuggled against the president during a video taping for the 2015 World Expo in the Diplomatic Reception Room of the White House on March 27, 2015.
Barack Obama kisses Michelle Obama at USA basketball game: