1. Folorunsho was born in 1951 to the family of Chief L. A. Ogbara in Ikorodu, Lagos State.
2. She is a business tycoon involved in the fashion, oil and printing industries
3. Folorunsho Alakija is the second richest African woman.
4. She is also ranked by Forbes as the richest woman in Nigeria with an estimated net worth of $1.6 billion(2017 rankings).
5. In 2014, she unseated Oprah Winfrey as the richest woman of African descent in the world
6. She is listed as the second most powerful woman in Africa after Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and the 87th most powerful woman in the world by Forbes
7. Folorunsho has a foundation called the Rose of Sharon Foundation that helps widows and orphans by empowering them through scholarships and business grants
8. Her company is also a major sponsor of the Agbami medical and engineering scholarship scheme, one of the most reliable scholarship scheme in Nigeria with over a thousand people yearly as beneficiaries.
9. She also founded the Folorunsho Alakija Scholarship Scheme (FASS) which has consistently aided quite a number of indigent Nigerians who can not afford good and quality education.
10. On 1 July 2013, the federal government of Nigeria inaugurated the National Heritage Council and Endowment for the Arts and appointed Alakija as vice-chairman of the body.
11. Her nephew is the British-Nigerian, DJ Xclusive
12. She is the National president and lifelong trustee of the Fashion Designers Association of Nigeria (FADAN)
13. On 9th March, 2016 she became the first female Chancellor (Osun State University renamed Bola- Ige University) in Nigeria.
14. Folorunsho started her career in 1974 as an executive secretary at Sijuade Enterprises, Lagos, Nigeria.
15. She moved on to the former First National Bank of Chicago, now FinBank now acquired by FCMB (First City Monument Bank) where she worked for some years before establishing a tailoring company called Supreme Stitches.