Britain now has a new boxing champion and he is no other than Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua.
Joshua’s powerful uppercut landed a heavy blow on challenger, Dillian Whyteto win with another knockout earlier today.
Here are however 10 facts you need to know about the new champ…
- He was born Anthony Oluwafemi Olaseni Joshua on October 15, 1989.
- His was born in Watford, England.
- His mum is a full Nigerian while his dad is of Irish and Nigerian descent.
- Joshua attended Kings Langley Secondary School.
- Before boxing, Anthony worked as a bricklayer at construction sites.
- He became a boxer in 2007 at the age of 18 after he was encouraged by a cousin.
- As an upcoming boxer, Joshua won numerous bouts and competitions which made him a kid to watch out for.
- In 2011, he made it to the World Amateur Boxing Championship in Azerbaijan where he won silver medal.
- Joshua won an Olympic gold for Great Britain at the London Olympics in 2012.
- He has won all the 15 bouts of his professional career.
- Earlier today, he knocked out Dillian Whyte to emerge the new British Heavyweight Champion. He once lost to Whyte in an amateur championship in 2009.