There are millions, even billions of different types of animals and species. They all have special abilities and characteristics that help them survive in their habitats. Humans are still learning about the animals we see everyday. There are a lot of creature that we really don’t know about. Part of the reason we don’t know much about them is because they are terrifying. Whether it’s the way they look, or the way they act, these animals probably will never be on anyone’s list to have as a pet. This list will show you some of the mos terrifying animal on earth and where they are.
2. Poodle Moth There isn’t much information on the poodle moth. We know that it is possibly a fairly new species of moth discovered in 2009 by Dr. Arthur Anker of Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. He found it in the Gran Sabana region of Venezuela. It bears similarities to the Muslin Moth, but is not classified the same. We also know that is it scary looking and that I will not be making any trips to Venezuela anytime soon.
3. Cyclops Shark Seeing a cyclops shark is very rare. Once you do see it you will wish you didn’t. It just freakishly terrifying to look at. A shark should have two eyes that’s the way thing should naturally be. Cyclops sharks are not a normal occurrence it is a deformity known as Cyclopia that can happen to humans and other animals as well. This one-eyed shark was found in Mexico when a fisher found it in the stomach of another, bigger and normal shark.
4. Goliath Tiger Fish There are too many types of fish to even count. There are some species of fish we have yet to see. One type of fish that we don’t want to see is the Goliath tiger fish. The Goliath tiger fish is found in the Congo River Basin and Lake Tanganyika in Africa. The Goliath tiger fish has big sharp teeth to feed on other fish. There have been some incidents in the Congo, where people have been attacked.
5. Marabou Stork The marabou stork is a large wading bird. It is not the stork that is usually animated and used as a way to tell kids where babies come from. This stork is ugly. It is often times called the “undertaker” bird. These large birds can be found in Africa south of the Sahara, in both wet and dry habitats, often near where humans live.
6. Lobster Moth Caterpillar The lobster moth caterpillar’s name is self explanatory. This caterpillar has resembles to a lobster, but not the lobster that is served on a plate. The caterpillar looks much worst. It lives in the whole Palearctic ecozone which cover Europe and Asia, and Africa, except the North of Africa. In England it is more frequent in the Southern counties.
7. Asian Sheepshead Wrasse Lucky for us we don’t really get to see the terrifying and weird looking animals that live in the ocean. The Asian Sheepshead Wrasse is one of those animals. It is the largest species of wrasse, and is native to the western Pacific Ocean. It is only known from the Korean Peninsula, China, Japan, and the Ogasawara Islands, where it inhabits rocky reef areas.
8. Tube Nosed Fruit Bat Regular bats look scary and this one is one of the scarier ones. The tube nosed fruit bat looks like a sneak and devilish animal. It lives in subtropical or tropical dry forests. They can be found in the Philippines, Australia, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, and the Solomon Islands. Due to deforestation, the tube nosed fruit bat is facing extinction.
9. Cthulhu Larva Named after a fictional deity, the cthulhu larva are baby sea cucumbers. They look like alien babies ready to hatch and take over the world but they’re harmless. They are normally found 1,000-4,000 m below sea level eating mud, algae and other debris on the ocean floor. They can be found in almost every ocean on earth.
10. Naked Mole Rat It’s a mole, a rat and it’s naked. It can’t get any more freaky than that. The naked mole rat spends most of its life underground. Also known has a sand puppy, it is native to East Africa. Despite its looks the naked mole rat is quite fascinating. Naked mole rats are remarkable for their resistance to cancer and its longevity. They also have a lack of pain sensation in their skin