We can easily guess what you already know about Bill Gates – that he’s the richest American (second richest person in the world now), that he’s a co-founder of the highly successful technical company, that he’s very generous and donates a lot of money for charity. But we bet you have not heard the facts we collected in this post.
1. 85% of the world’s population makes less than $200 a month. Bill Gates makes $290 per second.
His wealth never stops growing and he’s becoming richer and richer.
2. Bill Gates said that he always gives the laziest people the hardest jobs, because they’ll find the easiest way to do it.
He prefers to work smarter, not harder.
3. Arrogant, bullying, Ruthless, Stubborn. Just a few of the many words former and present-day colleagues say when describing Bill Gates.
He can be conniving and stingy, yet extremely generous.
4. As of April 2010, Bill Gates had donated over $36,854,000,000 in his lifetime, which is almost half of his current net worth of $79 billion.
And he even did much more – he convinced his billionaire peers (Mark Zuckerberg, Ted Turner, Warren Buffett, and George Lucas included) to join him and donate majority of their money for charity.
5. If Bill Gates dropped a 1,000 dollar bill he’d make it back in about 3 and a half seconds.
His annual income is about 82 billion dollars.
6. Bill Gates has an Genius IQ of 160. Which is what Albert Einstein had.
Psychologists were stunned by his mental abilities when he was only 4.
7. Bill Gates will only leave less than $10,000,000 for each of his 3 children, “So they can make their own way.”
Instead of leaving money to their children Bill and Melinda are going to give it to their foundation focusing on poor health and poverty.
8. At a spending rate of $1 million everyday, it would take Bill Gates about 218 years to spend all of his money.
Bill says it’s normal for people to want a million dollars, but according to him when one goes beyond that he realizes it does not change anything considerably.
9. Bill Gates has enough money to send every single 18-year-old person in the country, to a 4 year college.
But he surely does not have to respond for every person in the country less fortunate and smart then he is.
10. Bill Gates changed his school’s program codes so he was placed in class with mostly female students.
The high school’s scheduling program written by Bill brought him to an English class full of girls.