in , ,

1% Of The World’s Population Shares 82% Of The Wealth – Statistics Affirm

 

The 1% of the world’s wealthiest population shared 82% of global wealth in 2017. The number of billionaires reached a new record at nearly 2,050, a new one every other day, says the British NGO Oxfam in a report published Monday in Geneva.

Of these, nine out of ten are men. The increase in billionaire wealth from 2016, at nearly $ 770 billion, was also the largest. This increase is more than seven times the amount that would put an end to extreme poverty in the world.

In 2017, 3.7 billion people have not benefited from economic growth, according to this report released before the World Economic Forum (WEF) meeting. In total, the richest 1% raises more than the remaining 99%. And he avoided paying $ 200 billion through tax maneuvers.

Developing countries
For their part, developing countries lose at least $ 170 billion in revenue per year because of tax evasion, more than the aid they receive.

Education and health for all
The NGO calls for an end to these practices or to invest in education and health for all. Among many schemes, Oxfam offers, for example, a worldwide tax on the wealth of billionaires or even distribute half of the profits to the poorest workers in a sector. It calls for privileging “ordinary” labor and small producers rather than the rich.

Loading...

What do you think?

600 points
Upvote Downvote

Total votes: 0

Upvotes: 0

Upvotes percentage: 0.000000%

Downvotes: 0

Downvotes percentage: 0.000000%

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

6 Reasons Zimbabwe’s Emmerson Mnangagwa Is Called The Crocodile

Countries Ugandans Can Travel To Without Visa