The World Health Organization estimated in February 2014 the number of people prone to dental caries to 5 billion. Something to worry about. If you are one of them, it is important to immediately go to a dentist to treat decay. But the best thing remains to know the right actions to prevent them. Here is a natural recipe that will calm your dental pain time to go to the dentist and prevent the onset of cavities.
Causes of dental caries
The bacteria present in the mouth tend to revel in the sugar found there and release an acid product, which produces microabrasion on the calcium of the tooth forming a hole. There are three major factors responsible for the appearance of bacteria and caries:
- Diet: the consumption of sugar, acid foods, artificial foods, sodas, juices … These foods attack the enamel and make the tooth more vulnerable to bacteria.
- The natural fragility of the teeth: some people are very prone to caries because of the fragility of their teeth, itself due to lack of calcium, vitamins and minerals.
- Poor oral hygiene: the main cause of caries. According to a 2004 study, only 22% of French people brush their teeth three times a day. The lack of hygiene favors the proliferation of bacteria, which causes caries to develop over time.
How to prevent them?
You must know how to prevent cavities before they appear by applying the following tips:
- Avoid excessive consumption of sugar and acidic foods.
- Consume foods rich in vitamins (A, D, K and E) and minerals.
- Brush your teeth 3 times a day or after each meal and do not neglect the evening brushing.
- Change toothbrush every 2 or 3 months.
- Avoid eating food containing phytic acid.
- Do a check at the dentist at least once a year.
How to calm naturally the pain caused by caries?
Do you have a painful tooth decay? Before you throw on an anti-inflammatory, please take a look at the following recipe. It has the effect of calming dental pain while waiting to go to the dentist who will help you prevent cavities and other oral diseases.
You will need:
3 drops of essential oil of clove
10 drops of essential oil of mint
3 drops of essential oil of tea tree
1 drop of essential oil of cinnamon
3 drops of oil of cod liver
100 ml of mineral water
Mix all the ingredients in a bottle and keep it in a cool, dry place. You will use this mouthwash in gargle after each brushing. Be sure to shake well before each use to ensure the homogeneity of the ingredients (because the oil will tend to rise).
The benefits of these oils
- The essential oil of clove is excellent for oral health in general. It is the essential remedy to soothe the dental pain caused by caries for its anti-inflammatory virtues. It is also a powerful natural antiseptic, which cleans and purifies teeth.
- Mint is effective in removing bacteria. It contains up to 84% menthol to ensure fresh breath. It is also antiviral and prevents the proliferation of bacteria.
- The essential oil of cinnamon is anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, disinfectant and antioxidant. What benefits for your teeth!
- Tea tree oil is a very powerful antibacterial. His role ? Destroy resistant bacteria.
- Cod liver oil is an important source of vitamins A and D, excellent for the health of your teeth, which reduces the risk of cavities.