This is another major cause of marital turbulence. Partners may not want to come clean with such issue since its private, but trust me it goes a way more than you think.
Peyronie’s disease is a medical condition caused by scar tissue, called plaque that forms inside the penis; it causes a form of erectile dysfunction. This condition can affect men of all ages, but is more common in middle-aged men. These are some facts you should know about peyronie’s disease:
- The hardened plaques hinder the penis from being flexible therefore making the penis bend forcefully either upward or downward
- Symptoms include: pain with or without erection, scar tissue under the skin of the penis, and indentations on the erect penis
- It can make sexual intercourse difficult and affect a man’s ability to achieve or maintain an erection
- Treatments are often times not necessary. Sometimes, the condition reverses on its own, but in most cases, the condition remains stable or worsens
- Symptoms often develop slowly or overnight
- Treating peyronie’s disease involves either drugs or surgery
- Operating on a penis affected by peyronie’s diseases can lead to either erection problems or shortening of the erect penis. When these complications occur, they cannot be corrected
Peyronie’s disease can affect the quality of a man’s sex life. Men who have this disease are reported to experience higher levels of stress and are mostly depressed. Because most men with the condition find it embarrassing, they usually do not visit the hospital. It is advised that once any change from the normal is observed in the reproductive organ, it is best to see the doctor as soon as possible.