The Grammy Awards are known for having the most awesome live performances from the most talented musicians and artists. Here are our top 7 unforgettable performances of all time.
- Kendrick Lamar – In February 2016, this talented rapper surprised the audience with a strong performance on stage featuring a racially inspired act. He used visual effects on stage that sent chills to everyone and you can certainly feel Lamar’s passion all throughout the entire performance. The show went on for 6 minutes and will definitely go down in Grammy history as one of the most powerful performances to date.
- Beyonce and Jay-Z – In 2014, Beyonce kicked off the Grammy’s with a hot rendition of her song, Drunk in Love. She was wearing a see-through bodysuit and danced in a rotating chair.
When it was time for his song, her husband Jay-Z, joined her on the stage. The power couple definitely entertained the audience and had them dancing on their seats.
- Pharrell Williams – Also during the 2014 awards, Williams and Daft Punk took the stage for an unforgettable performance of Get Lucky. Music legends Stevie Wonder and Nile Rogers soon joined them on stage and everyone in the audience were on their feet dancing to the song. It was an unforgettable moment for these artists to be able to collaborate on stage.
- Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z – In 2013, after 6 years, Timberlake went back to the Grammy stage and performed his latest single, Suit & Tie. He was also able to get Jay-Z perform on stage with him and even wear a suit and tie to go with the song’s theme.
- Bruno Mars, Sting, Ziggy Marley, and Rihanna – During the 2013 Grammy’s, Bruno started the performance with his song, Locked Out of Heaven along with Sting and eventually shifted into a Bob Marley tribute. Ziggy Marley and Rihanna joined them on stage to perform the song, Could You Be Love.
- Jennifer Hudson – In the 2012 show, Hudson took the stage and sang a powerful and memorable rendition of Whitney Houston’s, I Will Always Love You. This memorial tribute to the late Houston was very emotional. Houston was a six-time Grammy winner and everyone was so shocked by her unexpected demise.
- Nicki Minaj – In 2012, Minaj entered the stage in an Oscar de la Renta halter gown and performed Roman Holiday. She used the Catholic Church’s controversial exorcism as her visual effects including a levitating scene.