Some people don’t even want to hear you mention the raven let alone seeing a raven. They have considered him to be an highly devilish bird. to them, a raven is an epitome of evil. However the raven is skillful in a lot of ways. ravens are intelligent and even compassionate. Though a reasearch says they are stingy, yet a raven takes care of his own.
10. Legend has it that ravens inhabit the Tower of London because the former king of the Britons is buried underneath it. You see, the king, known in Welsh circles as Bran, was dying after a war with the Irish. Eager to protect his people, he instructed that his head be chopped off and buried under a white hill. The white hill is the site of the tower.
9. Ravens have high intelligence. They are so intelligent that they are known to play dead beside a beaver carcass to drive other ravens away from the delicious food.
8. A large number of Western folklore considers ravens an indication of ill omen and death that feed on the flesh of dead humans.
7. They can mimic human speech and other noises, such as flushing toilets and car engines, even better than parrots.
6. According to Genesis 8:7 of The Bible, the raven was the first animal to get out of Noah’s ark after the great flood.
5. They possess refined non-vocal signals. Researchers have observed them pointing their beaks to show an object to another bird. Primates are the only other animals that use this behavior.
4 The bird is a sign of turbulent weather in Greek, Egyptian and Chinese mythology.
3. They are empathetic. They’ve been seen consoling a losing bird in a fight, and responding positively to friendly ravens and negatively to the enemies.
2. The most powerful Norse god, Odin, had two ravens named Hugin and Munin that used to report everything they heard and saw to him.
1. Swedish people believe that ravens are the ghosts of murdered people.
What do you think?
Total votes: 0
Upvotes percentage: 0.000000%
Downvotes percentage: 0.000000%